Saturday 6 September 2014

Caravanning

Cheesy nachos whilst watching Horror movies.


Another short mini vacation. A getaway from our normal. This time we decided to go caravanning for the first time, which was a few weeks ago. Where I live, caravanning is actually quite common, yet only recently we tried it out. You know, as an experience kind of thing and different from the usual hotel stay. The Royal Botanical Gardens post was from when we went to Scotland and now this time, we went to Wales. As with our previous mini getaway, we wanted just a sort of relaxed experience. One with no set agenda thus no specific activity that we had to wake up early and do. So we basically went with what we felt like doing.

The 3 bedroom caravan was actually quite cute and was situated right near the sea. The colour scheme of the place was a warm-coloured palette, kind of like the colour you find in Spain. Upon arrival, I couldn't really smell the sea but came the morning of the second day, as I opened the door, I could smell the salty sea breeze. I actually like the smell, even though in some ways it reminds you of fish, HaHa. But then I do like fish - cooked that is.

The weather wasn't great to be honest. It was so windy and the wind got way more intense during the night. There was a Welsh flag on one of the caravans nearby, which I used to determine wind speed and where our caravan was when we went out. On one of the nights, the wind was so intense that the flag pole was bent sideways and we could actually feel the caravan shake. It didn't really rain during the day, but it did rain at night time so I guess that was Ok. However, I would say that cloudy weather does not always make the best photos, but I still took photographs anyway. In terms of the environment, the colour palette were more of the tones of grey and faded grey-ish blues.

We chilled at the beach, looking for pebbles and shells to take. You see, this beach was quite different since the majority of it wasn't really sand, but pebbles. Lots of pebbles. The water seemed a bit murky, so we didn't swim in it, plus UK beaches tend to be freezing, and that's speaking from experience.

On trips to the supermarkets, we went in our friends car, opened the windows and played awesome tunes really loud. Rufus' bass is good (that's the car's name BTW). I love that, being in the car, having loud music and just feeling free. I suppose that's not really safe, since there shouldn't be any distractions for the driver, but ya, our friend is a good driver. ^ ^

In terms of food, boy, we ate a lot! We made nachos with LOTS of melted cheese on top, on two of the nights as well as watching movies on them nights. Also we had to buy a BBQ grill thing since there wasn't one at the place and couldn't bring ours since ours is quite big. So then, we had BBQ, which tastes de-lish, of course! We had home-made pandesal and home-made cake as well. ^ ^

I also went biking for a short while in a sort of circuit format around the caravan place. That was rather pleasant, even though the wind was pretty strong and the sand felt quite harsh hitting my shins. I really like biking, but the thing is that our bikes were stolen years ago. *sad face* I wanna get another one, but bikes cost quite a bit and I ain't got enough of that.

Yet another long-ish, blabby post. Thank You though for reading them and I hope you guys appreciate them as well. I want to vary the types of posts that I do, because well, that's just how I flow. ;)

Overall, I also liked this mini stay. Simple and all that. Although, a few things bothered me slightly, 1) I forgot to bring some snacks that i got specially for the trip 2) I forgot my towel and 3) The weather could've been better so that we could all actually go outside and relax in sunshine, without having to worry about being blown away by the gale-force wind.