Monday 22 December 2014

BFTP: Reminiscing Barcelona


As much as I love Christmas time, I'm sure we all miss the sun from time to time. Whilst the weather is cold, here are some snaps from my time in Barcelona on a past vacation. A "Blast from the Past".

Winter is not all so bad. For example, I like layering clothes giving me chance to be more 'inventive' with my style (although I don't know how inventive it would be to a normal person) and it's a perfect time to wear my long sleeves and turtle-necks, which I often wear. Another one could be that satisfying feeling when drinking hot chocolate when it's cold. But cold?! Heck no...It's freezing. The central heating in the house is on most of the time and I still find myself occasionally just sitting next to a radiator whilst browsing on my iPad. I see photos of people on Instagram, Facebook, Blogs, etc. around the world enjoying their 'Winter time' in the SUN. I'm a Winter child, so don't get me wrong. I LIKE the winter months and it's not that I have something majorly against this season, just the fact that it's always so cold. -___-


Ok. Enough with my little mini paragraph (which probably didn't make sense to a lot of you) about the current temperature. I'm not asking for summer specifically, just the opportunity to be able to wear certain outfits and without having to wrap up all the time. Although I do enjoy layering up and styling my winter wardrobe. Big downside though, is that my skin gets dry and the harsh winds makes my face hurt. *sigh* Thank goodness for creams and moisturisers.


T'was back in 2012...

My dear family and I went on a week's vacation to Barcelona of Sunny Spain!
I remember being pretty excited going that I pretty much triple checked the things I packed. As per usual, I sat near the wing of the plane next to the window. I love looking outside, down at all the scenery, and as cheesy as it sounds, "taking all the views in." I also like the feeling of the plane setting off, as well as landing. It's just my usual when I travel by plane. My Mother and sister, hate the feeling because they get motion sickness, but me? Nah, I like it!

Barcelona greeted us with beautiful sunshine when we landed. Shame I didn't take a picture of the view from the plane window...It looked awesome. Despite the fact that we had to wait for our check-in luggages to be rolled out by the conveyor belt thingies, I was pretty pumped to go outside and get ready to 'step out' onto Spanish ground, that wasn't just from the airport. After getting our things together, we had a driver that took us to the hotel we were going to stay at for the whole week. The hotel room was nice and the bathroom was unnecessarily-yet-brilliantly-spacious, but one thing about the décor of the hotel was the room was very orange/yellow. Colour palette of shades of oranges, browns, yellows-them kind of colours. I suppose it gives a warm feeling-just that orange is not my kind of colour. Good thing about the hotel were that we were staying at, is that there were a lot of mirrors, cute setting for breakfast time, shiny toilets, wifi (it wasn't the best I must say, but better than no wifi at all. Plus we were planning to go out most of the time anyway), nice reception area, fountain feature at the front, oh and rooftop pool, as well as a Spa centre. Too bad I didn't go to the spa. =( But my sister and I went swimming on the rooftop, so that's Ok.

It's hard selecting a limited number of photos to share with you all, since I took so many at the time. Barcelona 2012 was an awesome vacation.