Thursday 25 December 2014

Christmas 2014


M E R R Y  C H R I S T M A S everyone!
'Tis the season to be jolly...Fra-LaLaLaLa-La-La-La.

Indeed it is the season to be jolly. Christmas is about spending quality time with family and friends. Throughout the year, whether we are students or working, it seems as we grow older, we spend less time with each other. The sad reality is that with time, some friends and some families grow further apart, but the thing I'm talking about is how we spend our time. Understandably, as we grow older, we have a lot more obligations and responsibilities. Adults need to work and earn a living and then there are students who spend time in classes, lectures or practicals as well studying. It seems that due to the demands of our modern day world, we sometimes forget to appreciate the simpler things. True to say that one must work hard, but there's a line between working hard and forgetting some of the important things in life.

I suppose that's why Christmas time is so special. People actually think about others. Whether it be writing cards, exchanging gifts, caroling, or visiting each other, people seem to be more connected during this festive season. I personally LOVE Christmas. It's literally the best time of the year. Ok, minus the stressful Christmas shopping (hey, it's more than just grabbing the first shirt you see in the store, right?!), the cold weather and the horrible feeling of going back to reality after the New Year.

Another thing about Christmas is that it is the time when we celebrate the birth of Jesus. That's the true meaning of Christmas, in my faith. For me, it is also a time of 'thanksgiving'. A time to be thankful for all our blessings. Today I looked around our living room and at my gifts, which made me think how I personally feel privileged and blessed to have these 'luxuries'. I love all my gifts and will be sure to make use of them!

We celebrated it Fiesta style again this year on Christmas Eve. As per, families as well as mine, gathered into a family's household and we dressed up in our Christmas jumpers. We had a feast of food and desserts, then had our countdown to midnight. Such lovely company.

Here's a simple photo diary of my day today, regardless of the fact that Christmas day is coming to a close (already finished for half of the world, HaHa).



 I sincerely hope y'all had an awesome and blessed day! Bring on the New Year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment