Thursday 8 January 2015

Hello 2015


Why, Hello there 2015. 
I hope you'll be awesome.

Coucou tout le monde!
I hope you all had a wonderful time during Christmas and New Year. It was surely a time to really appreciate, being with friends and family. I know this post is more than a week due. I actually had planned this during the early hours of 1st January 2015, but things came up.

As our usual 'tradition', my family held a NYE party and we invited a small number of people to celebrate the night away: to welcome in the New Year. Actually, you can basically describe the night as a time when we stuff ourselves with food and desserts until midnight strikes! I had to revise a bit for (mock) exams(which I have recently just done) a few days beforehand, thus I felt  little panicky after Christmas. It was such a busy time for me personally, with studying to do and wanting to have 'chill time' with my parents. However, I was ready to welcome 2015!

I for sure had a NYE outfit, but we also planned for everyone to have Onesies. Something a little bit more chilled, which I love since sometimes you just need that little bit more of comfort, eh? I got ready in my main outfit and of course, the obligatory time period of pictures was first on our agenda once the majority had arrived. We sure do love taking family pictures and group pictures. In fact, I absolutely LOVE photos, since you are able to capture those special moments. When you see that one snap again, you catch a quick flashback and it's quite a lovely feeling indeed. Nowadays, it seems everyone is hooked in documenting their whole lives and I suppose I am one of them. Perhaps not every single detail, but I certainly love 'documenting' certain moments, items and scenes. I also have this sort of obsession (I'm not quite sure if that is too strong of a word to describe what I actually mean, but let's just go with that), where I date a lot of things. Even if it's just a little note, or work, I jot down the date.

After the main big chunk of pictures and as they say "take some photos before the lipstick and makeup goes", I sure was hungry. We waited for everyone to arrive, and then feasted on food that my Father cooked. Our guests brought odd things here and there, like drinks and dessert. It's hard eating 'properly' when you're dressed up, so as soon as I finished my mains, I changed into my Onesie. Ah, much better. More space, since the skirt I was wearing was not expandable and that is a problem when you eat a lot.

We also played games. Ooh Boy, I LOVE games! Everyone around me knows that I am such a 'big kid' at times. When I go to family events, my eyes light up when they include us in the games, and I also play with the kids at family house parties. Games are fun. The games we played on NYE were fun too! We sat everyone - cosy and snug - in the living room and began by playing the Earphones game with a few of us. I'm not even sure what the actual proper name for that game is, but it's the one where one person puts on headphones on LOUD music and they have to try and lip-read what the other person is saying. It's hilarious some of the random stuff that come out. The next game we played was Charades. We split everyone into two teams and kept it simple by narrowing the theme into the category Movies.

I set my alarm for 23:55, which gave us 5 minutes to 'prepare' ourselves for the countdown. We switched on the television and waited for the countdown. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...WHITE RABBIT! 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I didn't really take much pictures at all, since I was so busy snapchatting, playing games and eating, HaHa.
Resolutions for 2015? Yes, of course I have some. I'm aware that people don't really stick to them, but I'm hoping to stick to some of mine. It's good to have a positive outlook at the beginning of the year, so why not? 

Here's to 2015!
Gros bisous.