Thursday 15 September 2016

People I Keep Updated On

Social Media is such a powerful tool. It's a platform that enables people to share thoughts, styles, food, etc. It's true to say that the bloggers/vloggers one follows can influence the individual and I for one, get inspired by a number of people online. Sometimes it's their style that captures my attention or simply their energy and enthusiasm. Here's a selection (although not an exhaustive list) of people I currently like to keep updated with.

Chiara Ferragni - The Blonde Salad 

In the world of bloggers, Chiara Ferragni is considered one of the 'Big Deal' people. She's created a name for herself, with her blog and her business. I first stumbled upon Chiara Ferragni on her Instagram. I found myself scrolling through her feed and really liking her outfits. She's a successful blogger and business woman, who seems to have so much fun in what she does. I also follow her on Snapchat and it's like everyday is a vacation, as she's constantly travelling, even though she's busy with meetings and photoshoots on some days. Sometimes she's dressed up and other times she's dressed casual in jeans, yet she still manages to make her outfits look stylish. Her wardrobe is full of so many options of clothes, shoes and bags that make you want to go shopping, but also would make your bank balance cry.

Chriselle Lim - The Chriselle Factor


If there was a word to describe Chriselle Lim, it would be chic and that perfectly fits her sort of little saying at the end of her Youtube videos. You could say her style is sometimes on the mature side, but definitely still stylish and something I would totally wear. I'm really liking her outfits at the moment and her looks videos are fun and playful. Her blog includes posts on her personal life, beauty and style tips.

Jenn Im - clothesencounters


I've been watching Jenn's videos for four/five years now and I still enjoy watching her videos. There's something about her voice and the way she speaks to the camera that makes her likeable. She just has a likeable personality and seems like a nice person hang around with. Her style is fun and she likes to mix in vintage pieces from time-to-time, which I like. Her collection of sunglasses and hats is awesome too. Her channel features all sorts of things such as style, travel and favourites videos.

Jon Olsson, Marcus Valeur, Janni Deler - Jon Olsson vlogs (aka "Team Overkill")

A photo posted by Jon Olsson (@jonolsson1) on

Team Overkill isn't actually their official name, but it's stuck for me since they mentioned it as a passing comment in their earlier videos. I'm so glad I started watching their daily vlogs and in fact, I think they're the first vloggers that I've been watching on a daily basis. For a start, their videos are such great quality and the editing is done superbly. It's a daily vlog so obviously not every video will feature loads of activities, yet they love to travel and do fun things. They really make you want to visit the places they go to and try and experience all sorts of things! It would be great to meet them and go explore with them too. The vlog count is nearing the 200 mark and the number of subscribers has been growing ever since I clicked that subscribe button myself and they deserve it because they put in so much effort. I like their chilled way of speaking and their fun adventuring seeking personalities. They enjoy what they're doing and you can clearly see that. Oddly, they sort of motivate me to be more productive.

Janni is a blogger (occasionally also a Youtuber) and is the girlfriend of Jon, that features in practically most of their vlogs. I like her comfortable yet stylish outfits, as well as her relaxed personality.

Aimee Song - Song of Style

A photo posted by Aimee Song (@songofstyle) on
As with most of the bloggers I have come across, I have found them through Instagram which comes to show that IG is more powerful than you think in terms of connecting different people. Even Aimee has written a book on how to 'Capture your Style', transforming your IG photos to showcase your life. When I looked at her photos, I liked how she styled her outfits and also took note of the places she went to. I also follow her on Snapchat and she's a girl that keeps it real with the snacks. Good on ya girl, I love to snack a lot too! Aimee isn't just a blogger (also now a Youtuber) but also an interior designer.

Tara - Taramilktea

I love Tara's photos, they're so colourfully busy. She's a design and travel creative from Syndney and features really great flatlays and travel photos. A lot of her photos are of food and really makes you crave the snacks and desserts. She's really creative and has a good eye for how to make lots of objects collectively create a showcase piece. Plus she probably has a lot of patience when doing her flatlays as they are carefully put together well.

Charli Burrows - meohmygirl

Charli Burrows is more of a recent find for me compared to the others, but what made me click on her instagram was her white/platinum hair and you all know how much I love that hair colour! Then when I scrolled through her feed, I was really impressed by her flatlays and creative art pieces. Her artwork is clean yet messy-in-a-good-way and often features something of nature, like flowers.

Karen Yung - iamkareno



I first found Karen on Youtube about a year ago and what caught my attention was her fun way of editing her videos. Her channel has quickly grown with subscribers and rightfully deserves so as she puts in a lot of effort when putting together a video for her subscribers. I would say that her style is a mixture of old school, mixed in with a hint of a cute element. Her channel features videos on outfits and beauty.

Vanessa Wong - The Haute Pursuit



Another Instagram find on the list and what got me was her cool white short hair, which I also have had in the past. She totally rocks her hairstyle. Her photos shows her style clearly as clean and chic, and simple yet creates an impact. Vanessa is the creative director of THP, which is an online retail shop of apparal and accessories.

Jessica Stein - tuulavintage

A photo posted by Jessica Stein (@tuulavintage) on
Her photos are beautiful and really captures the scene. This girl's life is full of travels to picturesque places, which makes you want to create a list, pack your bags and visit these locations. It's like her whole life is a vacation and I wouldn't complain as the places she visits are delightful. Her personal diary blog features style posts as well, but what I really like are her travel photos - really fitting the term wanderlust.


Who else do you follow on Social Media?

--------

All images are taken from their websites/youtubes channels. Credit goes to the respective owners.


0 comments:

Post a Comment