Saturday 7 January 2017

Hello 2017

Bonjour 2017!


One week into 2017 and despite not the most perfect starts to the new Year, I am still feeling rather positive. I hope everyone had a Happy New Year!

Last year went by so quick and I can still remember writing my 2016 New Year post. Now that it's 2017 it feels like a fresh start. People say that you can start any time and not just the New Year. I get it and I do agree with that statement, however, sometimes you just need a little kick to get things going and the beginning of the year is a good opportunity to. Reflecting back on 2016, it was a great year. I did my exams and made it into the next year of university. My family and I went to Brussels and I have spent some really fun times with great people. I have experienced a number of things, from winning first place in a category with my crew at a dance competition to the simple moments that I describe like when everything is in slow motion and you look around you and feel very blessed.

2017 is underway and I'm looking forward to the great things to come this year. I'm determined to work harder in the things I do and appreciate the blessings I have.
For NYE, my family and I celebrated the New Year with a table spread as tradition. I actually set up the simple spread myself. My Father cooked up pancit and delicious pork belly, as well as a large jamรณn serrano that resulted me in standing next to it a lot during the night and the following day. It might not seem like a lot, but I was very full after helping myself to a few portions! Of course, as with every NYE celebration, we had our 12 fruits placed centrally on the table and our 12 hard boiled eggs tradition.


We ate good food and waited for the New Year countdown.
Cheers to a fantastic year ahead~

0 comments:

Post a Comment