Friday 5 January 2018

Hello 2018

Bonjour 2018!

It’s that time of the year again, where we welcome in fresh starts and new beginnings. 2018 is officially underway and I hope you are all as excited about it as I am.

First of all, I want to apologise for my year long hiatus (no surprise there really), as it literally has been one year since I last posted with “Hello 2017”.

There’s just something so exciting about the New Year and it’s about time I make some positive changes in my life – for real this time.

December was a heck of a month, with a lot going on, but there were also times when I would just sit and do nothing all day infront of the television. I went home around mid-December and we spent our time attending family parties, dinners, a few meet ups and of course, watching a lot of movies with my family. Christmas and New Year’s time is time to be spent with family and since I don’t see my parents often throughout the year, I really value the time I spend with them.

For NYE, we had our annual celebration involving eating a large amount of delicious home-cooked food and celebrating until the strike of midnight. This year we had families over and it was a lovely night. The desserts table was filled with a variety of sweets, including cakes my Father made. The food my Father also cooked were divine and we all kept returning for seconds and thirds.

For the ‘younger’ people in the house (aka not the parents), we played games and had a mini dance party – it was rather fun indeed. Despite the age differences, playing games always brings people together and that’s why I love playing them. I even whipped out the good ol’ ‘Game of Life’ board game that we briefly played before welcoming in the New Year, but the highlight was probably the ‘Heads Up’ game that got me crackin’ with laughter. New Year’s day was spent relaxing together as a family and watching movies and having snacks.

I feel truly blessed to have been able to spend Christmas and New Year’s time with family and friends. As I sit on the train whilst typing away on my laptop, I think about how 2017 was a year full of experiences that I will for sure remember in my olden years. I can’t wait to see what great things 2018 will bring. Let’s all have a great year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment